Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Flu Shot Season

Well, It is that time a year again to get the dreaded flu shot, I picked the girls up from school yesterday, and headed to Hendersonville. I knew better than to tell them where we were going, or I would be hearing nothing but screams, and cries all the way there, about not wanting a SHOT!! So as we pass our street, Anita says, "mom, where are we going?" And I said we are going to H'ville, then she wasn't satisfied with that, and says WHERE?, So I told her and of course she starts up her fake cry, and says NOOOOO. Then Reagan starts, no shot mommy, no shot. So we talk through it, and I get them calmed down, and told them if they did good, and were big girls we would get a sucker then they finished. Then they were excited, we get there, and they were still good, they call us back, and they go back happy, we get to the room, Anita starts crying, The nurse laid down the syringes to get me to sign the sheet, we look over and Reagan is holding them saying, "it doesn't hurt sissy, see", Well Anita was up first, and it wasn't pretty, It took both of us to hold her down, then it was Reagan's turn, she jumped up in my lap, and just cried for a second when the needle first went in, and was done. Anita, continued all the way to the van. So to calm her down, I told her we would go see daddy at work, if she stopped crying (because right now, mommy was the bad guy, so she was ready to see daddy). We get to the hotel and Reagan starts with the drama, she walked in holding her leg, like it was broken, and couldn't really walk on it, I so wished I had a video camera, Anita was then fine. So I just thought I would share with you the drama in my life. They keep me laughing, they are both such drama queens!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah man, we haven't done flu shots yet this year. Guess that shows me what I have to look forward to! :)
Ashley