Wednesday, September 26, 2007

One of those days!!!!!!

Have you ever wished someone would pinch you and you would wake up from the nightmare you are having? That is how I felt this morning, I wanted to lay back down and start all over again!!! Here is the recap:
we wake up only to struggle with both girls about getting ready for school and MOPS, Reagan was determined to not do anything this morning. We get ready and get everything together, load up the car, buckle everyone in , and go to turn the key, only to hear a CLICK. The battery was DEAD!!! So my first thought was to call Bryan and have him reassure me everything will be OK and to help me. Then I remembered Anita had to be at school in 5 minutes, so I get in touch with the neighbor that is backing out of her driveway to take her son to school, and ask her to take Anita with her. She was my first blessing this morning. So Anita is taken care of, Now what? Well you can't get to the battery with it in the garage, because I have to pull all the way up to the wall to fit in there and close the door. So I thought I had a bright idea, (which really turned out to be VERY STUPID). I put the van in Neutral with Reagan still strapped in, crawl to the front on the van, with my legs against the wall to push it out of the garage. ( to the naked eye, the driveway looks very flat), as the van starts to roll, it picks up speed (towards my neighbors house), I take off running, open the door, jump in to slam on the brake, and put the van in park, and then realize how stupid I was, Reagan and I both could have really gotten hurt. That was blessing #2. Then I call my dad's friend, who takes care of our vehicles, since dad has been gone, for him to instruct me on how to remove the battery cables, clean them to see if that was the problem, only to hear the familiar Click, when I turned over the key, so he confirmed to me it was the battery, and I needed to find someone to jump start it for me. So another neighbor walking down the sidewalk with his dog comes to my rescue. Blessing #3. I finally get the van started and start to make my way to the auto parts store to purchase a battery, as all the lights on the dash start flickering, and the gauges go crazy, and I pray for God to get us their safely. Blessing #4 We finally make it there, got the battery, and off we went to MOPS. Bryan showed up at the store, to offer help, which I felt bad about, because I didn't know he was coming. What a wonderful husband he is!!!!! So for the rest of the day, I have counted my blessings, and praised God for the beautiful day, and prayed that tomorrow is less hectic!! I hope everyone else has had a GREAT day!!

No comments: