Thursday, February 21, 2008

We Love America

Tonight is Anita's Grand performance of her program "We Love America". We have been working on this for about 6 weeks now. She will be portraying Laura Bush, and she will have to say: "I am Laura Bush a former librarian and teacher, one of my concerns as first lady will be national literacy, I want to promote programs for adults and children. To ensure that all Americans have opportunities to read successfully" She is really excited and has been counting down the days. I was really surprised at how fast she learned her speech, I really thought it was going to be a struggle. I will post pictures, hopefully tomorrow!!! I was also impressed that she had to learn 10 songs, one being all the states, and she recites all 50 states in alphabetical order. I couldn't do that till I was in middle school, I am been amazed at what they expect of kindergarteners.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I need your email so I can send you info about the Easter egg hunt